Hey there! We know you’re looking to get started on your CryptoKitty journey, and we couldn’t be happier. Our community is truly the best, so we can’t wait for you to join us in the fun! Here are the answers to some of our most commonly asked questions, including how to start playing, what it costs to buy a cat, and other kitty-related queries.
1. What is CryptoKitties?
CryptoKitties is a game where you can collect, breed and trade digital kitties. It’s a digital collectible that exists on the Ethereum blockchain, and it’s the first blockchain game to reach mainstream popularity. The premise is simple: you can buy kittens from other players or breed your own using two different kinds of smart contracts (more on these later). Once your kitten is born, it gains experience points as it lives its life in your care. You can then trade those kittens with other players for ETH or sell them back to CryptoKitties for more ETH.
2. How do I get started?
- Buy a cat.
- Breed cats.
- Sell cats to make money, or use them to level up your account.
- Buy accessories for your kitties and sell them to other players, who will then buy the accessories from you and put them on their own kitties.
- Breed kitty eggs that come in different levels of rarity (common, uncommon, rare) — higher rarities are worth more cash when sold in-game but may be harder to get than lower rarities!
- Breed genes into your kittens’ DNA which gives them special abilities when combining with other genes (for example: one gene might let you breed faster than normal).
3. How do I buy a cat?
There are a few ways to get a cat in the game, and they’re all pretty simple.
- You can buy kittens from other players. If you see an interesting-looking kitten that you’d like to try out, check out the marketplace or put up an ad of your own! Just remember: if you buy a kitten from someone else, it will require training and might not be fully trained when it arrives at your door.
- You can breed your own kittens by having them go on dates with other cats or other types of animals (such as mice). Be careful though—if one or both partners decide they don’t like each other after all, there’s no guarantee that any babies will be born! Once again, training may be necessary before taking these new little furballs home with you.
- You can ask for a free kitten as a gift from another player who already has one in their inventory; this is great if they want to share their love of virtual pets with others while also trying out some new characters themselves! However this option isn’t available forever (so act fast!), so make sure both parties are ready beforehand by talking about what kind would work best together before making arrangements through private messages only between users connected via Facebook friends lists (which requires both parties’ consent).
4. How much does it cost to buy a cat?
You can buy a cat with the coins you earn by playing the game. The price of a cat depends on its attributes and generation. The higher the value of these two, the more expensive it will be, but also the better it will perform in different areas of combat.
You can also purchase an already trained kitten from another player, or receive one from a friend as a gift (if he has more than one), but this is not recommended for beginners because it’s expensive and doesn’t guarantee good results in battle – there may be hidden defects that are not apparent at first glance!
The cost of kittens is calculated based on their gene level (which determines what kind of equipment they can use) and cooldowns (which affects how often they can attack).
5. Why is this cat so expensive?
- Why is this cat so expensive?
Rare Cats are the most expensive cats in the game, and there are three main factors that determine their price: how many people are bidding on it, how many people are watching it, and how many people have it in their collection or breeding program. If a Rare Cat has been bid on by hundreds of players over a few days but not won yet, it’s probably going to go up in price. Similarly, if someone has spent hours poring over their breeding program before finally getting what they want—a perfect version of an extremely rare cat—they’ll be willing to pay more than someone who just threw some random cats together at random times during the day. Finally, some Rare Cats have cattributes (special abilities) that make them even more valuable than other Rares; for example, if you’re trying to breed cats with certain cattributes like “black” or “white” using specific breeds as parents (called “crossbreeding”), your chances of success will increase significantly if both parents have those same traits themselves
6. What are the different attributes of a cat?
Cattributes are the different aspects of a cat. They give every cat its identity, and make it unique. Some cattributes can be changed, while others cannot.
Common examples of cattributes include:
7. What are these cattributes?
Cattributes are the characteristics of the cat. They are the genes, DNA, genealogy and pedigree of a cat.
8. What’s a gene?
A gene is a single unit of hereditary information. A kitty’s DNA consists of genes, which are divided into two types: dominant and recessive. Dominant genes are shown on the first generation of a kitty’s DNA. Recessive genes will only be displayed in subsequent generations if both parents have those particular recessive genes at that position in their DNA (they’re both carrying it).
9. What are cool down periods and cooldown reducing cattributes?
- Cool down periods are the amount of time that a cat is unavailable for breeding.
- Cooldown reducing cattributes are cattributes that reduce the cooldown period of a cat.
10. Why can’t I produce more of the same kitty now?
You can’t produce more of the same kitty now because each cat has a dominant and recessive cattribute. For example, if you breed two cats with the dominant cattributes of “green eyes” and “long whiskers,” then your offspring will have green eyes and long whiskers. If you breed two cats with both recessive cattributes of “short tails” and “white fur,” then your offspring will have short tails and white fur.
11. What’s with the cooldowns? It’s kind of annoying…
The cooldown system is a way to prevent people from creating too many kitties. It’s also a way to prevent people from selling too many kitties. The cooldown system is also a way to prevent people from selling kitties at too low a price, because if you sell them below the market price it can be hard for other players to get their hands on some new kitties.
12. What are exclusive cattributes and how do I know if a kitty has them?
Exclusive cattributes are kitty attributes that are only available to certain kitties. These can be either a special type of flower, or even a rarer eye color! You can tell if a kitty has an exclusive cattribute by looking at the cattributes section under the kitty’s profile.
Some exclusives may be guaranteed for every color, but this is not always the case (just like with regular attributes). It is also possible that some exclusives have been discontinued and aren’t available anymore in any new cats released after them
13. Are you going to sell my personal information to third parties for advertising purposes like every other internet company does?
No. We will not sell your personal information to third parties for advertising purposes like every other internet company does. We don’t even plan on selling your address or phone number if you give it to us, because that would be creepy and weird.
We hope this FAQ helps you get started on your journey into the world of CryptoKitties!
Here are answers to some of the most common questions about CryptoKitties:
- What is CryptoKitties?
CryptoKitties is a game where you can collect, breed and trade digital cats. It’s a fun way to learn about blockchain technology, Ethereum and smart contracts. You don’t need to know anything about cryptocurrencies or blockchain systems to play this game. Just sign up for free at www.cryptokitties.co and get started!
- How do I play the game?
You can buy digital kittens from other players in exchange for ether (ETH), an ERC20 token on the Ethereum network which powers this unique collectible gaming experience. You can also breed your own kitty by combining two kitties with different traits (called “cattributes”) together in order to create new ones with their own unique appearance and cattributes that reflect their parent’s genes from generation-to-generation – like dog breeding where certain traits are passed down through generations of dogs until you get puppies with particular features based on what their parents looked like before them.
In this guide, we’ve covered everything you need to know about the game of CryptoKitties. We’ve discussed how to get started with CryptoKitties, how much it will cost you, and what the different attributes are—everything from cattributes to genes. If you need more information or if we’ve missed something, feel free to reach out in our official forums!