Smartphones aren’t just good for taking selfies and checking Instagram. They’re also a great way to entertain your guests at a party! Whether you and your friends are into karaoke, playing games, or even solving mysteries, there’s an app to help you do it. Here’s how to turn your smartphone into the life of the party.
Have a murder mystery party.
If you want to make your guests work for their entertainment, why not play a murder mystery game? There are plenty of options out there. You can even create your own from scratch.
There are some online versions where everyone plays at once, but they are usually more complicated than they need to be if all you’re looking for is some light fun. If that sounds like what you want, though, go ahead and give it a try!
The most popular way to play these games is with physical cards that have information about the characters and clues on them (as well as instructions on how many points each card is worth). These can easily be ordered online or made by hand—just remember that digital copies won’t work unless everyone has physical copies in front of them so they can see what everyone else has been assigned!
Play a smartphone game with your friends.
If you’re going to be playing a game with your friends, it should meet a few basic criteria:
- It must be something that everyone can play. People who don’t know each other well might not want to try out a new game with strangers—and even if they do, they might not have time for the learning curve.
- It should be a game that is fun when played with other people. The multiplayer element is what makes games like Fortnite so popular!
- It should be easy to start and stop at any point in the action (or inaction). You don’t want players waiting around while one person finishes their turn or gets up from their chair every five minutes. The best games are flexible enough that they don’t require constant attention or engagement from all players equally at once; this applies whether everyone’s sitting down together or playing remotely over the Internet!
Sing karaoke together.
You can find a variety of karaoke apps for your smartphone, whether you’re looking for a solo performance or to take the stage with friends. In addition to traditional songbooks and lyrics, many karaoke apps also include features that allow you to adjust the tempo of your songs and record yourself singing.
If you’re interested in starting a little jam session with your friends, there are even some cool options (like Sing! Karaoke by Smule) that allow you to duet or perform in groups of up to four people at once.
Have a movie night.
If you’re watching a movie and want to share it with your friends, use a projector. You can hook up your laptop or tablet to the projector, or hook up a smartphone directly to the projector via an HDMI cable. This way, everyone can watch the same thing at once!
If you don’t have access to any of these devices, no problem—your smartphone has everything it takes to show movies too! Just open up Netflix on your phone (or any other app that streams videos), go into settings and make sure ‘Mirroring’ is turned off, then plug in headphones and start playing whatever movie or show you want! Now everyone can be entertained by whatever content they choose!
Play modern board games on your smartphone.
Board games are a great way to pass the time while enjoying the company of others. They offer a wonderful balance between mental and physical activity, as well as an opportunity for players to strategize and reflect.
In order to play board games on your smartphone, you will need:
- A smartphone with internet access
- An app that lets you play board games (there are many available)
- At least two people who want to play with you
Show cool YouTube videos on your TV or projector.
If you have a large screen with an HDMI port, then you can use AirPlay to show videos from your iPhone or iPad. This will work with the TV and most projectors.
AirPlay is the best way to show YouTube videos on your TV or projector, because it’s built into the iPhone and iPad operating systems and doesn’t require any expensive hardware. If you want to show YouTube videos on your TV, then follow these steps:
- Open YouTube and find a video that you want to play on your big screen
- Tap the AirPlay icon at the bottom of your phone/tablet (it looks like two triangles overlaid) and select “Apple TV” if it isn’t already selected
Look at pictures of each other’s childhoods (and laugh).
One way to kill time (and keep guests entertained) is by looking at pictures of each other’s childhoods (and laughing).
Share pictures of your own childhood. The crazier the better!
Share pictures of your family members—you don’t have to be a member of their immediate family (like an aunt), but it’s always fun to see how others look like when they were kids.
Share pictures of your pets or other animals: cats, dogs, snakes… anything goes! You could even take a picture with them if they are willing to pose for you. This should make everyone laugh and feel good inside while they try not to imagine what kind of smell must surround this animal after spending so much time with it all day long every day since birth! Some people will want one too now just because they saw how cute yours was in the photo so make sure there are plenty on hand before sending off those invites back in October so no one misses out on making their own little furry friend.”
You can do lots of fun things with smartphones at parties.
Smartphones are great for entertaining at parties. If you want to do some fun things with smartphones, here are a few ideas:
- Play games. You can download tons of different party games for your smartphone. Some popular ones include “Who Wants To Be a Millionaire” and “Family Feud”.
- Watch videos together. You could also watch funny videos together on your phone, either as part of the game or just because they’re funny (and sometimes both).
- Listen to music together. Smartphones have all kinds of music apps that you can use while playing games or watching videos! The best part is that everyone can plug in their headphones so they don’t disturb anyone else nearby who may not be interested in what’s going on yet—so it will still be fun while also being respectful towards others nearby who might prefer quiet time right now!
If you want to turn your next party into the talk of the town, then try one of these smartphone-based activities. You can use them to get people talking and having fun, which is what parties are all about!