Games are a lot of fun, but you’re probably not having as much fun as you could be. Maybe your internet is slow and your lag is killing you. Or maybe your computer just doesn’t have enough power to run the game at a nice frame rate. What’s more, maybe it’s hard to see things on your tiny monitor from across the room. This blog will give you some tips on how get out of that situation and improve your gaming experience overall.
Trim the fat.
Next, it’s time to trim the fat.
What do I mean by this? Well, if you have a bunch of players who come to your game and talk at length while the other players are trying to play their characters and make decisions, then either those people need to take a break from the group or there needs to be some serious rules about when it’s okay for them to speak. It’s also important that everyone knows what those rules are! If you’re going for an immersive experience, then any disruptions should be dealt with swiftly and in character. However, if you’re more interested in roleplaying than action-packed adventure (or vice versa), then there might be fewer restrictions on speaking during combat.
Finally, sometimes we get so caught up in our own story and how awesome our character is that we forget that other players might not know exactly what’s happening or why we’re doing what we’re doing. In these cases it helps if we have something written down beforehand: maybe just a one-line description of where they’ve been so far; maybe even just a list of actions they’ve taken during this session so far; maybe even another copy of my notes on Friday Night Game Role Playing Tips!
Get a better internet connection
Before you can improve your gaming experience, you need to make sure that your competitor isn’t enjoying the benefits of a better internet connection. A faster internet connection will give them an advantage over you and can mean the difference between winning and losing.
If you are on a wireless network, consider switching to a wired connection instead. This may seem like an unnecessary step, but it will actually increase your performance by as much as 15%. You’ll also find that this reduces lag times for online games. If you’re playing locally with friends and family members, then having each player connect via cable or wirelessly is fine; however, if all players are connecting remotely then using wires is highly recommended.
Get a bigger monitor
A good monitor will provide a much better experience for gaming. The best monitors for gaming have features such as:
- A high refresh rate (120Hz+)
- An ultrawide screen with a low bezel
- G-sync/freesync technology or no sync at all if you’re using an AMD card
Upgrade your graphics card
Upgrading your graphics card is a great way to improve your gaming experience. First, you’ll want to make sure that you have a large enough power supply and enough space in the case for your new graphics card. It is also important that you have a motherboard that supports the type of graphics card that you are purchasing and make sure that the power supply has enough wattage for running the new edition. Finally, it is imperative that correct drivers are installed on all computers (including laptops) so they can communicate with each other properly during gameplay.
Here are some ways to improve your gaming experience
- Trim the fat. If you’re playing a game that’s too boring, or if it’s taking too long to get around to playing the actual game, then trim it. Your Friday night gaming experience will be so much better!
- Get a better internet connection. If your internet is really slow and makes everything frustratingly laggy and difficult to do (like when you’re trying to load up some new DLC), then try spending some money on upgrading your internet speed. You’ll thank yourself later!
- Get a bigger monitor. If you’re playing an online game with friends, maybe they can’t see what’s happening right in front of them because of their small monitors and screens (or maybe they don’t even have those things)? Try getting yourself a bigger screen so everyone can see what’s going on without any problems at all! This will make everyone happy—especially YOURSELF!! 🙂
Now that we’ve gone over some of the ways to improve your gaming experience, it’s time to get back to business and start playing! There’s no need to feel overwhelmed by the prospect of upgrading your setup—just focus on one improvement at a time, and don’t forget that even small changes can make a big difference.