The Writers Guild of America have made their nominations for the 2012 Writers Guild Awards. The titles, which were selected from the time period of December 1, 2010 and November 30, 2011, marks for the fifth time that the WGAs have dedicated a category towards the video game industry. The credited writers also have to have been or applied to become members for the WGA Video Game Writers Caucus at the time of submission of their scripts. Below is the entire list of nominees for the category:
– Assassin’s Creed: Revelations, story by Alexandre Amancio, Jean Guesdon, Corey May, Darby McDevitt; multiplayer story by Stephane Blais, Richard Farrese, Jeffrey Yohalem; lead script writer Darby McDevitt; script writers Richard Farrese, Nicholas Grimwood, Corey May, Jeffrey Yohalem; Greek and Turkish ambient dialogue writer Vincenzo Beretta; Ubisoft
– Batman: Arkham City, lead narrative designer Paul Crocker; story written by Paul Dini, Paul Crocker and Sefton Hill; Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
– Brink, lead writer Edward “Bongoboy” Stern; Bethesda Softworks
– Mortal Kombat, story by John Vogel, Brian Chard, Dominic Cianciolo, Alexander Barrentine, Jon Greenberg; Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
– Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, written by Amy Hennig; Sony Computer Entertainment
Last year’s winner, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, had surpassed competition from nominees such as God of War 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2. This year’s WGA will be held on February 19 in Los Angeles and New York City simultaneously for both the western and eastern constituencies.